The will to always go beyond both the product and the service ...
GME has an extensive track record dating back to the early 20th century. Over three generations and with nearly 100 years of history under our belt, the company has enjoyed sustainable growth thanks to its ongoing investment and innovation and its exceptional workforce.
In 1922, Antonio García-Munté Nuño founded García&Cía, a distributor of solid fuels throughout Spanish territory. Seven years later, in 1929, the company acquired Cales, Cementos y Carbones de Pobla de Segur.
In 1952, the company acquired Compañía Naviera Española, which boosted its fuel distribution by sea.
This period also saw the beginning of the company’s international expansion with the creation of Comercial García-Munté, S.A. with the aim of importing and distributing all kinds of solid fuels at the international level.
During this period also begins the internationalization of the group; born Comercial García - Munté, S.A., for the purpose of importing and distributing all kinds of solid fuel internationally.
García Munté Energy - already the XXI century, GME is formed.
The process of further internationalization with the creation of new subsidiaries: GME Unipessoal to cover the Portuguese market (2002), GME Mexico which has plants in Altamira, Veracruz and Monterrey (2004) and GME Morocco, based in Nador (2006).
The process of international expansion and specialisation of services resulted in, on the one hand, the creation of GME Unipessoal for the distribution of solid fuels on the Portuguese market and, on the other hand, of Microcoal, a company specialised in micronizing solid fuels, in a move that saw a commitment to innovation and offering improved services to our customers. The second stage of international growth was launched with the creation of GME Morocco, with production plants in Nador and Jorf Lasfar. This subsidiary was joined by GME Hungary, responsible for distribution in Central Europe and the Balkans, GME Turkey with four distribution centres (Izmir, Iskenderun, Samsun and Marmara) and lastly GME France, which manages solid fuel logistics in France from its eight storage and classification centres.
Also created were the logistics companies Bai Sea Chartering and GME Operadora de Transporte, which complete the full cycle of our operating process and provide added value to our customers.
With a workforce of more than 200 people spread across all the countries where we operate, GME is currently under the leadership of the third generation of the García-Munté family.
In the almost 100 years since its inception, GME has grown through mining, acquisitions, mergers and incorporations of companies and, above all, its ongoing investment in innovation and exceptional workforce
The commitment to bring value to our customers beyond the efficient supply of raw materials ...
Despite significant efforts in innovation and infrastructure development to improve our products and our service in GME we believe that our main asset is people.
Because they are responsible for making our commitments into reality through:
CODE OF ETHICS
This Code of Ethics sets out the basic concepts of the policies and procedures of García - Munté Energía, S.L. to be known and followed by all staff, managers, customers, suppliers and other business partners. It also establishes a framework of ethical standards for the company, summarised in the following general principles to be applied in our day-to-day work:
- All action taken and decisions adopted within the company must be in accordance with and abide by the applicable laws, including the company’s internal regulations, policies and procedures.
- People must be honest and trustworthy in all their actions and all their relationships on behalf and in the name of the company.
- The company, its staff and its collaborators must avoid any possible conflicts of interest both in performing their work and outside thereof.
- The company’s staff and collaborators must not be treated in any way that constitutes discrimination on the basis of age, gender, nationality, religious beliefs or political opinions.
- The company’s staff, executives and managers must ensure that the information held by García-Munté Energía, S.L. remains confidential and prevent access to, disclosure and use of sensitive data of third parties and in particular other companies in the sector.
- All the company’s staff and collaborators must be committed to high quality of service, safety in all their actions and protecting the environment.
The will to always go beyond both the product and service
Energy commodities are considered by many as "commodities", a perception that results
low investment in R & D.
In GME, on the contrary, we believe in our products. That's why we invest in their constant improvement through our processes, such as micronized petroleum coke.
In addition, in GME constantly we analyze market trends, incorporating new products such as biomass, to our supply chain.
Process: Petroleum coke is completely dried and, depending on the type of boiler or furnace in which it is consumed, it is micronized with a range extending from 90 to 500 microns, allowing perfect combustion.
Advantage: A better energy efficiency and a significant decrease of particulate pollutants.
sectors: The main sectors already benefit from this new fuel are:
- industry Calera
- Ceramics industry
- Steel industry
- Cement industry
The main objective of this new line of business is to offer renewable fuels to our customers. Regarding
biomasses distinguish two types of projects:
Marketing of plant biomasses: Wood pellets, by-products of olive and grape pruning and forest residues.
All these biomasses are directly consumed by our customers, who sometimes must make small changes in their boiler for use. Currently we distribute more than 200,000 tons per year.
Rating energy urban waste: Long-term projects with long phases of study due to the complexity of factors to consider.
The ability to develop new products and technologies, and invest in new markets
In GME we know that our customers appreciate especially the agility and security of supply of raw materials, minimization of costs and operational convenience.
That's why we invest in infrastructure that allow us to be closer to our customers:
- Port terminals
- Micronization Plants
- Biomass processing plants
Responsibility to minimize the environmental impact of our products and our own
In GME we are aware of the responsibility that as part of the energy industry, we have in the sustainability of our planet. That's why we have environmental permits for all our stores, which implies heavy investments in corrective measures such as:
- Irrigation systems with surfactants and fluoculantes.
- Settling basins and collection systems and reuse of irrigation water for "poured 0".
- Truck wash systems, cleaning machinery
Beyond law enforcement
In GME, in addition to complying with environmental regulations in each country, we have the strong will to help our clients in their environmental management. To do this, our environmental consultancy service offers:
- legal support for obtaining permits fuel switching.
- Meetings with various administrations to discuss issues related to the use of solid fuels.
- Support for increased energy efficiency in the oven.
- Installation of filters to reduce emissions.
We care about the sustainability of our planet.
- Since 2005 GME has the seal of ISO 9001: 2000.
- In addition, we have normalized all our activities with environmental management requirements of ISO 14001 standards and prevention of occupational risks of OHSAS 18001.
- In GME believe that quality is the only way to achieve customer satisfaction, the safety of our employees (our greatest asset) and, ultimately, the development of our business.